Member of the Qld State Library? Borrowing operates the same way, but to borrow, you need to be a member.
National Library of Australia: arranged as a selection of 'Collections'.
The online (e-resources) here are worth joining the library to access. Free to join.
MySearch displays search results in a similar way to the State Library of Queensland, UQ or Trove.
It searches many databases, e-books, journals, newspapers and assorted articles.
The information can be filtered using side bars.
BGS Catalogue items are also included in your results list.
1. Log in to EBSCO/ create an account for saving your resources. This account will last through your entire BGS experience.
2. Search in the search field for your topic. Note the prompts for a subject... they may assist you to find a tighter topic search.
3. Check the limiters.
4. Manage the resource.
An eBook is a different type of resource to an online database article. Information eBooks are available to borrow from several sources at BGS.
1. MySearch includes our BGS purchased titles. Use the filters to navigate to eBooks exclusively.
2. You can also access eBooks via memberships to the State Library, BCCC Library and the National Library of Australia.
To use MySearch effectively, you will need to set up the following:
Create an account in EBSCO.
Sign in using your school email and password of choice.
Download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer. This is the platform to open eBooks in Offline mode.
1. Use the eBook link directly from the eResources pages, or via MySearch (includes all BGS purchased eBooks as well).
2. Books can be downloaded, or managed online. (The Publisher decides how we can access these resources)
NOTE: To read offline, Adobe Digital Editions needs to be installed, and you need to be logged in to EBSCO in order to borrow the book first.
3. Select 'Create an account' for first time use in EBSCO.
Your books, notes and links will all be saved in the folder at the top of the screen if you have logged in first.
Use MySearch to check the availability, location of books, or which library they are found in.
To email pages scanned to your computer for out-of-school use, use the Photocopy/ Scan option. There is NO COST, even though you need to scan your card to start.
Trolleys will be maintained with books while the task is running, but the shelves are still worth checking for top-up books.
Examples of Dewey details from Year 11 MH tasks:
943.058 Weimar and Third Reich
951 Modern China
and AH task:
930, 937, 937.05, 937.07.
Examples from Year 10 tasks:
940.53 World War II
940.5421 European Theatre of War
940.5423 African Theatre of War
940.5426 Pacific Theatre of War (including Australia and New Guinea)
940.544 Air operations
940.545 Naval operations
940.5472 Prisoners of War